Search This Blog

Saturday, August 25, 2007

HKU Institute of human Performance Triathlon Programme

Arrived 20mins late, the program is started. I was assigned to swim the first lane to test on the drill given by Fenella. And then quickly jumped into the next two in a faster group. The mainset that Annemarie given us was:
1st set :(200m stretch out swim + 3 x 100m with coming back 50m built up)
2nd set: (200m stretch out swim + 3 x 100m with increasing speed on every 100m)
The program is a bit different, and i found that is good to test my speed work and how long i can maintain.
Run: 2x400m warm up, 400m run with every drill finish. 800m run easy with the drill applied. And 800m aster run with combined drill for time counting. Kenneth is attracted by numbers of triatheles after the drill section finish. I think most of them found it usefull and can help them for a much better running experience.
I'm enjoyed that day, the facilities is excellent and they provide a one off site for the 3 sports, all you can done within a walking distance with greenery, and you can feel like you training q professional. The coach is all professional, some of them participated in the Olympic.
But i think the fee is q expensive, just my personal feeling. If everyone who try our normal sonic training and this one in HKU, i think most of them agree that Sonic is comparatively more economical and worth to stay.hahahahaaaa
The most exciting things is when i leave there, i hardly get a taxi or mini bus there, so Kenneth give me a ride with his super cool motorcycle with really loud gangster music. I'm q enjoy the speed and i can feel that my bike is really slow when compare those speed that Kenneth bring to me. Thanks for the ride! It was cool when driving on the highway!

2 comments:

Ivan said...

When you talked about "no taxi and mini-bus", this made me remember my old days!

Sandy Bay is a good place for aged and retired, coz no cars will go there unless there are students' competition or you go there to visit your old mama in elderly home located there.

What the hell! I have spent much taxi fares when I was in HKU, coz I always went to Sandy Bay for practise and competitions!

Gigi said...

Those were the time, the best and the most memorable one.......I knew you have a really good memory in HKU....treasure it.and u should visit there more to recall your best and the bad (not sure you have bad time)