Search This Blog

Sunday, September 12, 2010

2010 Aquathon Series - Race 4, Hong Kong Plover Cove



Nice weather, a bit cool with bit shine...wake up at 4:45 this morning and drove to far away Plover Cove. I haven't been racing there for a long time, the returing is great!

Race consist of 5km Run + 1.5km swim + 5km run:
I was a bit late when i arrived there and was aware i even fon't know where is the transition area and the start. I tried to be clam and get everythings i need for the swim and rush to the T1 to settle my stuff.

Head to the start line which was away from the T1 300meter and time is relaly close to start. I manage to find Susana and Chris and we still got time to jog a bit.

Race start at 6:45A.M., i was positioned at the upper side, manage to run a bit faster pace which i aim to do so to test myself if i'm able to run abit faster for the first leg. (Usually ppls will tried to runa bit relax on teh first leg and save energy for the rest) I intented to run faster to gain more time as i know i won't swim fast. The first run is hard, i tried to follow few groups to run, but eventually fail. I was running alone and up to around the last 500m, i manage to follow a woman towards T1. Tuck in my swim cap and goggle and slowly walk down to the water, heartate is uncontrolable. Manage to swim my stroke until i reached first 200m, i feel my oxygen intake is not normal when i do my swim training. I tried to inhale more, but i realised my upper trachea is contracted abit and lead to reduce the air intake. I tried to told myself to clam down and exhale slowly under the water until all air is out so that i can inhale more. Finished my first lap and towards the second lap, i feel much comfortable and i know its time to speed up abit. Second lap is prefect, i manage to swim with my rhythm with hard kick and i always remembering Kenneth told me to hold my fingers together to push the water and ofcourse the turn. Thanks Kenneth, i always remember you during the swim. The most awakening time:)

Shake off all my caps and goggle, tuck in my shoes and race belt, grap my cap and oakley with 1 gel on hand. I feel a bit dizzy when running the first uphill...Saw many cheer person and i feel that i must run great. Hold my gel on hand (learnt from Belinda, thanks!) and slowly getting my pace. After the last turn towards the end, i started to built up a little and get a really strong finish. Just love the energy i can give out....
My personal split time:
5km run> 0:20:04
T1> 0:02:25
1.5 Swim> 0:38:21
T2> 0:02:45
5km run> 0:21:46
Total: 1: 25:19

Follow with Janice's invited BBQ at NT with heavy rain and thuderstorm. It gives me a feel when i was going a Brownie and Girlguides (for 10 years more) on how to make a fire with charcoat! Love her family with the support and the preparation of all the great food. Her dog Chocco is lovely. and ofcourse the Sonic Clan (We have our head coach back from Niseko camp, Ah Lok, Janice and family, Eric, Fanny and Ah Chung, Brian, Ah On, Susana, Evan, Mama Rita, Pearl, Stephanie & Ivan, Billy and family, Berard and her little girls, Andy, Michal and friendis) always great to share fun, jokes and teasing the guys and our big family photo time :)

Great to be home with Charles just lazy lying on sofa and watching the big rain outside. Good fmaily dinner with Charles' mom great preparation to end the day! Love our life :)

No comments: