Search This Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Action Asia Mongolia Ultra Marathon 100km Stage 3 - 24km

The last desert and I survive!!
The wind keep blowing violently to our Ger the whole night making anyone cannot sleep. We have to wake up at 4:30AM no sun and lights with the sand blowing to our face. Thanks God I realize the map given is in larger scale and it would not like the previous stages meaning the distance while I could not sleep. The sun never want to see us today and the wind likes us. I don't wear enough possibly and I just keep telling myself you just need to run faster and look for big guy to shield. I run pretty awesome today despite my blood blister on my left foot and have a minor twist on my ankle but I fixed it immediately. I could not let myself injure as I will suffer alots under the cold and a possible storm!!! After the CP1, we reached to sand dunes, and a short climb up to the top of the terra cotta cliff. The most terrible steep down, I dare not to look down on both side as every little mistake will make myself fall😢. Slowly going down and suddenly I heard Andrew the man behind me falling with the loose sand coming over me, all of a sudden I though I would be crashing with him! Luckily he stopped!! We run over the bumps looking back the cliff from time to time and head back to a straight sand crossing to the Finish. Q emotional today with the weather and the scene. I'm glad is over and you don't know how much I miss the hot water shower and my mattress and a glass of water.
Running almost alone the whole journey, smashing back on my way. And I'm glad I finished this.


No comments: