Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2011

A meaningful Day, A meaningful Man!

3rd April, 2011 Sunday, South Bay Beach, Hong Kong - Tribal Enduro Aquathon Series
A lovely day with perfect sunshine, glad that the wet and cool is over! Spring is here with Bauhinia blossom everywhere in Hong Kong!

The race distance is a bit weird, called"Tribal" - 2km run/270m swim/2km run/270m swim/2km run

To sign up this race just because i need some sprint off the wet of the season and i would like to gain some speed work in the race apart from the long time and distance training, to refresh my mind and body!

I'm q relax this morning despite the race start at 9A.M., Big thanks! seeing alots of people doing their prep on the way to the South Bay which surprisingly does not lead me too anxiety. Its good to chat with friends and seeing what others peoples doing, preparing their transition etc.

9A.M. race start, i was staying at the back. I don't really care where i am, the first mins is getting q easy and i started to increase my pace a bit higher up to my L3 and manage to follow with a group with similar pace with me. Without sufficient warm up to start with a sprint race, i ran q hard to keeping with my L3. Once i hit the turnning point, its all the way uphill. Suprisingly i passed q lots and started to ran easy. As what i said in the begining of the race, the first 2 km will be my warm up, tick! The transition is a bit messy, walked down slowly to the water, water is cool and chilly. I saw some ppls next to me they have stopped in the water, i guess they may not be familier with the sea in the past few weeks. Thanks Kenneth for pushing me to the open water in the past few week in the troppy freezing Shek O! I swam easily with my easy pace, as i knew i have to hit the water twice, better to built up and make myself feel a bit comfortable.

Come up from the water, the beach run is killing me. The 2nd run is smooth with my pace, love running with the Newton which gave me so much power to continous and ran q effortness. Hit the water again, keeping pushing and start to increasing my pace after the first bouy. Ran off from the beach and did my last 2km ran with a Man from Dragon. He keep asking me question, and i said lets saved a bit and when we hit the rounf about reach to the peak, we have to sprint off to the Finish. Pushing to L4.5 at the last 250m to the finish, nice race and FINISH!

Happy that Hubby coming along to cheer up, the best things is seeing him with a smile when we walk out to the road. back to Shek O and share the Breakfast time with the Sonic lasdies, always fun and loving! A great day to start:)

No comments: