Search This Blog

Monday, December 12, 2016

The North Face 100 Hong Kong

Everything starts with my stupidly sign up for this race after i come back from Ulanbattar in June. But the #guts, #determination and #preservance to FINISH today is not stupid at all.
Crossing the finish line at 25 hours 53 mins on 12 Dec. 2016 for this 100km Ultra trail race in Hong Kong.
The North Face 100 Hong Kong
Distance: 100km
Elevation gain: 6300m
Weather: Day 27 degrees celsius (feel like 33), Night 13 degrees celsius
Wind: 3-4 North Wind
Humidity: 54% Dry

The race starts 8AM at plover clove, i have already changed and my bag is all loaded with my power foods and more than 1.5L water. Charles drove me there with my classmate which made me feel comfortable and I'm not worried at all ;) I just need to tighten up my lace and i was urge to move to the start line 30 mins before the race starts. It is actually a good move to the front out of 1500 peoples with 100km and 50km mass starts for a better timing. After several photo taking, chit chat we starts. I'm excited and knowing it will be a long day, i'm actually quite relax at the starts. The first is a bit challenging as we have to run up to a 1:100 400meter slope to reach a bottom neck trail. So i ran as much as i can to try to get a good position.

Up to the Pak Sin Leng trail, i feel great, preserved my speed but run as much as i could and in the meantime i'm very careful to keep a distance behind the runner. i keep running with my pal behind Iris and Sally, they set a good pace and i feel confident running behind them. Before CP1, my pal Sally twisted her ankle and she ask me to leave her and then i just go. Feel bad about this, but i cannot do anythings. I found that I'm clever that i didn't drop my pole at the CP1, as theres tons of runner even within our own group and it will block the runner behind. So when i pass the CP1, i didn't stop and pull out my poles immediately and continuous to Session 2!

No comments: