Search This Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Post 100KM body effect

How your body feel after running a 100km race (The North Face 100, 100km Ultra Trail race in Hong Kong on 11-12 Dec. 2016)


  1. After crossing the finish line: Cannot speak, don't want to open my mouth, feeling hard to breath. Just change my top and wrapped myself a big towel and go home immediately. Cannot have the joy of finishing. On the way home feeling the sun is so bright that i don't want to open my eyes. 
  2. After 3 hours: sleep, breathing is strange, still like in a dream. 
  3. After 6-7 hours: eat 2 steam eggs, congees a bit, no appetite, legs is so stiff. Dinner no appetite. 
  4. After 1 day (Monday): Walk is pain, legs is strange, difficult to walk downstairs, feeling pain. Want to eat rubbish. Feeling the sun is so strong and don't want to open my eyes.
  5. After 2 days (Tue.): Swell, both legs and feets are swell, fatigue. 
  6. After 3 days (Wed.): Went to Physio, massage a bit. loosen up the tight muscle. No appetite. 
  7. After 4 days (Thur.): Can walk downstair properly still abit of strange at my right knee. 
  8. After 8 days: First Physio to just loosen the muscle 
  9. After 9 days: Diagnosis of ITB problems and have my first acupuncture 
  10. After 16 days: Feel magical that i have no problem at all to walk downstair, say only 5 %. 
  11. After 22 days: Run my first 5km. OK. Muscle memory still there. 

No comments: