Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year 2014

Christmas Ride in Hong Kong, 2013
This year have been pasting through so fast and it comes to the end of the year today! I wish everyone have a exciting, wonderful and peaceful year of 2014!

Just read a words from my friend Stephanie "I like these pictures from Samaritan's Purse International Relief year in review. From fires and floods in Colorado, reconstruction and medical care in Africa, to the Philippines typhoon and Syrian refugee camps. Makes me thankful for heaters, safety, a roof over our head, and clean drinking water. We are rich." 
Yes, we are rich! We have water coming right from our tap, we can enjoy the warmth from our shelter home with blankets and immediate heat and hot water! I always remind myself, all these things i have shouldn't take it for granted! And remember all those people, children still suffer from hunger, and disaster. We should keep HOPE!

My Body
This 2013 have been good to me though i was diagnosis of Thyroid at April 2013!  After some races at the beginning of the year excitement, my body begged me to rest! I have been seeing doctor each months after with monthly blood test and daily medicine. Boom, after 7 months of this rest i was found my test becoming normal again! What a great news but i still have to taken medicine for 1.5 years!

My Sports
Before the diagnosis of Thyroid i have conquer myself for a half marathon race and come back with a top 23 women at the Hong Kong Standard Charter Open categories with my personal best result of 1 hours 50mins and 2 sec.! After all these excitement, my body begged me to rest! I have been doing less exercise and at low intensity. No major race for me this year, i would rather listen to my body.

My friends
 We have been attending 5 wedding of this year filled with love and blessing! From Hong Kong, Double Singapore, One in Granada and our brother in law wedding in HK! We are so glad that we can be part of them:) The HK girls joined together at Granada for my best friend wedding with a trip to Istanbul and south part of Spain which is great for this reunited POLYU things! Laugh, argue, temper as always!

My family 
My parents announce their divorce 2 years ago and we have been working so hard for them! My mother needs really long time to get through it and thanks God she is better than before. I understand sometimes when the time is come, somethings cannot be continuous and this happened and unavoidable. My sister and I have been spending alots of time for them, it needs time to heal and i hope everyone can understand. There's nothing to hide!
Charles and I being so good together, he is always by my side made me contented. I'm so glad that he is always there and support me always. Needless any words to describe.We lived, travel, explore, love, smile, food, read, share, music, movie, Triathlon, run, swim, bike, yoga, sweat together!  I'm fulfilling by everything he do for me.
Charles family have been so good to us too! My mother in law always prepared the great appetite to us, sometime she even prepare the food and sent to our home directly discreetly, so when we come home after works, we can have a best dinner meal! Charles younger brother is married on early December, the newlywed hosted a biggest wedding banquet of 35 tables! Unbelievable and is like a big show! We wish them all the best in the future!

My Work
Work is good to me, completed 2 projects this year finally! All have been working for 3 and 5 years in Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur. Working with great designer and consultants among the best of the world have enlighten me a lots and share great ideas and solution among the team. Looking forward for more challenging opportunity and great project this year!

loves,
Gigi xxx
Jan. 2014

No comments: