Search This Blog

Friday, November 2, 2012

Pre race of Ironman 70.3

Thursday 1st Nov.
Arrived with the brunch of Sonic 2 days earlier of the race day! This is our 3rd year coming to this beautiful island called Kenting at the southeast tip of Taiwan!

Friday 2nd Nov.
We wake up at at 7am, finish breakfast at the hotel! We do our test ride to the bike check in which is around 10km from where we stay, and we bring our swimming gear to test the water! I did the coach ask me what to do with some speed work added to the 10 km ride. Water is just perfect, a bit choppy but we swam the Shek O, this is not the wave that I called is choppy! Love this swim, the water is just as clear as aquarium! All of us is just so enjoying this swim, happy to see people is not nervous before the race day which help me alot to relax as well!! Bike all check in, the inner tube is just a bit worry me, I got a flat when I land. So I changed the inner tube and outer tube last night:( race briefing then early dinner at the hotel. Went to bed at 9, but I can't fall asleep, that's not so right for me! I usually manage to sleep very well before the eve day, not tonight. Why??the race picture keep throw out from my head then I started to simulate the race where I come out from the swim, the T1, the bike route and run course! I knew that's not a usual me! Am I wrong or will I able to finish this race?? As I suffer Bihonchit few weeks ago, and just couldn't train according to plan, this worry me alot and I knew I could not race well and even though I'm not quite sure if I can finish my race like last time in Cebu I cannot run due to Zoster attack:(
So, and I wake up at 3am not according to plan and wake Charles up to say we going to take the first bus to the T1!!! Charles hate me alot, so sad to see him leaving the bed with a pure heart like a kid!!

No comments: