Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

HELP! Race against time for Yvan

Dear all my friends,

My friend a caucasian Yvan C from my Triathlon club in Hong Kong is suffering in Acute Leukaemia (kind of Blood cancer?) He is a father of 2 (aged 6 and 10), a good husband of a Chinese wife is looking for compatible bone marrow to transplant! This is quite easy to help:
- Yvan will need a bone marrow transplant before end Aug. The donor must be found before end June to allow Yvan to be prepared for the operation.
- Two main priorities: finding someone in HK + finding someone in the caucasion community as the likelihood of compatibility is 10 times higher than with Asians.
Yvan at the local newspaper SCMP on 9th June 2012' with our handmade photo ablum!


ACT NOW, you may help a lovely family! Yvan have been training with me in the local Triathlon Club, we have been doing race together in Hong Kong and China. And now he is facing a big challenge like Triathlon race, which needs lots of our supports on the side and even give him a boost! Lets do somthing little TODAY and register in any centre in Red Cross in Hong Kong!

I did it yesterday during lunch time, and is my first time in Red Cross to give out my blood! If you know me well, you will know I'm the person who scare blood / injection deeply, not to mention i never donate my blood and try to avoid any heath test in relate to blood. But today i did one things which scare myself, i walk to the Red cross and registered a Bone Marrow Donor! When is yours?

Gigi first time to give our blood in Public which scare herself today!

No comments: